Thursday 9 February 2012

Machine Production Techniques - Lesson Fourteen

This is the last lesson before the reading week break, so I just wanted to focus getting everything prepared for the next steps when I get back. Below is a list of things that I need to focus on / correct:

  • The first thing that I noticed which I will have to correct is that the middle stretcher is to short, as I forgot that there would be a 4mm gap either side, and so will have to correct this next week.
  • One leg has twisted quite badly, and therefore has made the table un-square. I have left the table assembled to hopefully stop it from twisting any further.
The main thing in today's lesson was cutting al the tenons (and forks if required), ready for some miner fine tuning, although they all go in enough to hold together. I also cut the tenon's at 45 degrees so they don't stop each other from slotting into place. However due to my profiles I had to make some holding blocks due to it not sitting flush against the dimension saws sliding fence.

Below are the photos of each stage of rough assembly:

Above: Testing that each legs fits correctly

Above: Testing middle stretcher mortises

Above: Testing four legs together
Above:Testing rails and found
 middle stretcher doesn't fit (So removed)
Above: Near complete assembly (Missing middle stretcher)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave any feedback about this post or blog, please fill out this section.