Friday 26 April 2013

OUFM203 - Day Fourteen to Seventeen

The last few days have been carrying out rather similar tasks, which was beginning the joinery for the legs. I first began by doing this by hand and then I decided it would be easier to remove the majority of the waste with the bandsaw, and then clean them up with a chisel and sandpaper.

This was not particularly accurate  so after speaking to one of the tutors, I began to use the tenoner. This required me to take the cleaning brushes out to fit them through, but this was much more accurate. This took the majority of one day to get the measurements correct.

The two biggest problems I had was the machine kept cutting out, which wastes a lot of time, and that the tenons on the legs on the machine can only be cut to 60mm, whereas mine need to be 100mm, so I have to take the rest of by hand.




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave any feedback about this post or blog, please fill out this section.