Saturday 19 January 2013

OUCE255 - SWOT Analysis

This is the SWOT table for the furniture maker Andre Chalmers, www.andrechalmers.co.uk:


This is the SWOT table for the furniture maker Tim Whitfield, http://www.timwhitfieldjoinery.com:


Comparing the two within the SWOT Analysis, I felt that they both had the same kind of strengths and weaknesses, as they are both located in similar areas, producing the pieces to similar clients. 

Where the two differ is within the strengths and weaknesses that each professional has. One of the main differences is the use of a professional website, which I believe makes the designer  look much more professional and business orientated, rather than just a hobbyist. 

The main weakness I felt that both of them had was that they looked more like "Handy-men", rather than a professional furniture maker. This has a big impact of the way a client may perceive the business, and may have a significant impact on the type of jobs that they may get. 

Comparing this two my personal business there are some significant things that I can apply. One of these is two create and use a professional website, containing contact information and previous work I have created. I will also be careful on what skills and services that I supply, so I do not look like and odds job handyman. Some of the best Opportunities that I will have is the lack of local competition, although I will still have the threats of economic pressures, and wider competition from the likes of IKEA and other large furniture making companies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave any feedback about this post or blog, please fill out this section.