Monday 18 March 2013

OUFM203 - Day Six

Today I only had a few hours in the workshop, but I still progressed fairly quickly, as I had everything planned and ready before the weekend. The first task was un-clamping and setting aside the leaf that I glued up at the end of last week, and gluing up the second half of the extension leaf. This went really well, and only took about 15 minutes.

The next task was to lay out and check how I wanted the table top planks to be laid out. After some adjustments to the layout due to aesthetics and checking, I then thicknessed each plank down to 183mm, to make the complete top to 915mm. There was a problem with the last plank that cut it at an angle along the edge, but a bit of careful planning I managed to correct the issue.

Then I dry fitted three of the boards together, as 915mm won't fit through the wide belt sander, meaning I am gluing the table top up in two sections. Once I checked that it would fit together perfectly, I glued up and clamped alternating sides, to evenly spread the pressure across the boards.



Above: Leaf Part Two Clamped and Glued

Above: Table Top Section One Clamped and Glued


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave any feedback about this post or blog, please fill out this section.