Friday 11 January 2013

OUCE255 - Value Proposition



From my studies and from the experiences I have gained I have decided to make high quality, contemporary furniture. This will include custom and new joinery techniques, new use of materials and a wide range of shapes, including bent wood.  My furniture will also include all aspects of manufacture from hand crafted components, to Computer Aided Design and CNC Components. One aim I have is to be as sustainable as possible; including sourcing materials from FSC approved sources, and minimising waste. Another aim I have is to all ways push myself and the skills that I have in order to make the best product possible, and the fastest possible speed.

I will also listen to any customer’s needs and want’s, which may include changing a design to suit their purpose. As “a customer is all ways right” mentality, I will never be happy until the customer is happy, which also includes before, during and after care on anything that is sold.  


One key value that I feel drives my work is being meticulous and also precise in all manners of practise, to produce the highest quality pieces as possible. Another key value is to be imaginative and bold, to produce unique pieces, with a strong story and selling point.




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave any feedback about this post or blog, please fill out this section.