Monday 28 May 2012

Design and Prototype - Deadline

Today was the deadline, and I had a lot of work to do. I began by cutting the top and bottom piece down to the correct size, and then sanding them down. Once this was complete I then glued up the other side of the chair, ready for me to make the feet flat.

Above: Chair side gluing
Whilst this was being glued, I decided to sort out the tops of the chair frame, and round them off:

Above: Top rounded
Finally using the flat bed of a machine and the disc sander I flattened off the feet so it was level, and roughly sanded the rest of the chair. After speaking with both Matt and Richard, it was decided it would be best to leave a finish off rather then rush it and mess it up. However I did submit a sample piece with what the finish would be if I had enough time to apply it. Below is the finished chair:






Overall this has been a massive learning experience, with lots of mistakes but a lot more knowledge gained which I can take with me and also share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave any feedback about this post or blog, please fill out this section.