Thursday 15 December 2011

Machine Production Techniques - Lesson Four

This lesson was the last before the Christmas break, and I was eager to get as much completed as I possibly could. My next task was to create the grooves and rebates for the top, back, sides, front and back to slot into. To create theses grooves I used a hand router and also the overhead router.

Piece of wood with groove created by hand router 
These grooves took most of the lesson, as there were a limited number of routers available, so I had to wait till one was free.  The last thing that I did was to cut the front and back panels and then create a rebate on all the edges.

The hardest part of this lesson was getting comfortable with using the router, as I found it hard to control it on some of the edges. After this though, it was an easy and straight forward lesson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave any feedback about this post or blog, please fill out this section.