Saturday 3 December 2011

Hand Production Techniques - Lesson Seventeen



Today the cabinet was handed in, and was completed on time. Over the last week I finished the drawers and drawer slips, however I joined the back on upside down on one, so had to use it for the second drawer, but it went together in the end.

Also when clamping up the first drawer, I forgot to put in the drawer slips, which meant i had to undo some of the clamps again to fit them in.

I also clamped up both drawers successfully, and created a handle and drawer stops in CAD and cut them out on the laser cutter.

Finally I veneered the board which I then cut up, and used as the drawer bottoms.

I have included photos of the different stages, as well as the finished cabinet.

Drawer stop Clamped up

Drawer clamped up





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave any feedback about this post or blog, please fill out this section.